Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website.
- Improve, personalise and expand our website.
- Understand and analyse how you use our website.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Communicate with you directly, for customer service purposes in relation to your order, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and/or for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Send you emails (for reasons mentioned above).
- Process your payments.
- Find and prevent fraud.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Linen Direct uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customising our web page content, based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “https://www.cookieconsent.com/what-are-cookies
In order to finalise an order with the Linen Direct website, you will need to provide your personal details which include; name, address (including eircode), email address, telephone contact number and payment details.
We keep two types of information;
- This is the data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you directly to include your name address, e-mail address, telephone number or IP address. This information is only collected if you provided it voluntarily to us as a visitor / Customer to our website.
Non- Personal Data;
- Linen Direct follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
If you have any queries, or have a request in relation to your privacy rights, please contact us by
e-mailing email@example.com with the subject title as “Re: Website Privacy” and we will endeavour to respond to you promptly.
Advertising Partners / Third Party Privacy Policies
Our website contains links to other external websites. Clicking on these links may allow third parties to collect or share date about you.
Please note that Linen Direct have no control over these external website or responsibility for the privacy policies they operate, or the cookies they use. Therefore, we are advising you to consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information. It may include their practices and instructions about how to opt-out of certain options.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will not supply any of your personal data to a third party unless you have given Linen Direct permission to do so, in accordance with our obligations under the Irish Data Protection Act 2018.
- May supply non-personal Data to third parties by combining general information of our Website users for the purposes of the demographic breakdown of our community users through our website, or visitors activities in engaging with our website.
- Will be obliged to disclose your personal Data if we are asked to provide information to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or any other statutory requirement.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following under the Irish Data Protection Act 2018:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we endeavour to respond promptly. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title as “Re: GDPR Data Protection”.
Please note we have the following procedure in place to ensure your personal data is kept safe & secure;
- Unfortunately with the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet, as no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we have taken all reasonable steps possible (to include appropriate technical & organisational measures) to protect your personal data, which is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet services provider.
- Linen Direct is a secure website for on-line payments certified by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for transaction security. This ensures we offer you the best provision of security and safety with data handling. Payment card details are transmitted by Linen Direct in an encrypted form providing extra security for online transactions, which are only shared with our banking payment partner, not with any third party and only used to process payment for your order.
- All communications between our Server and Customer’s browser are confidential.